Layering up your home for Thanksgiving
We love the holidays and with the sudden chill in the air we can’t help but think here comes thanksgiving! Thanksgiving is possibly one of our favourite holidays even though it doesn’t have the same reputation for décor as Christmas. That doesn’t mean you can’t add a little pumpkin spice to your home to make it feel cozy and festive during this special season. Here are a few simple ideas to make thanksgiving even better at home.
1. Thanksgiving is all about being grateful for what you have, so use what you’ve got. Think about incorporating some natural elements into your décor like branches, leaves, pinecones or whatever else you find beautiful that exists all around you.
Image source: Williams-Sonoma
2. It’s time to break out the throw blankets! We are especially loving chunky or cable knit which is on trend and so cozy for fall. Big chunky knits add texture and warmth to your living or bedroom. These stunning hand knit blankets are available at Nineteen Ten on Main Street in Vancouver or online at www.nineteenten.ca
Image source: Nineteen Ten
3. Scented candles set the mood. Thanksgiving is a holiday that stimulates the senses. Pumpkin pies, crisp autumn air, apple cider, or vanilla bean, nothing says thanksgiving like the scent of the perfect candle. These beautiful copper coloured glass candles from West Elm are the perfect scented touch.
4. Reconsider Pumpkins… but in a modern and sophisticated way. Try spray-painting your pumpkins white or another colour that suits your style!
5. At a dinner party use your white china but add a copper charger plate for a fun festive look. Check Home Sense for a bargain but we love these beauties from Crate and Barrel to make an impact at your dinner table.
Image source: Crate and Barrel
6. Add wicker and layer up on baskets. We mean modern wicker of course! Baskets full of throw pillows or blankets by the fireplace add a natural touch to a modern space. Again this is an opportunity to layer up the living spaces to make everything a touch more comfy!
Image source: Ikea
Happy Thanksgiving! More than anything we love thanksgiving for reminding us to be grateful for everyone we have in our lives, our health and happiness. Wishing you all the best and a wonderful fall season.